Taking care with electricity
An electrical issue can be powerful enough to burn through any living tissue if not handled with care. Here are some tips to follow for electrical safety at home.
- Don’t mix electricity with water. Never plug in appliances with wet hands or while standing on a wet floor
- Always replace broken or frayed extension cords
- Don’t run cables wires or extension cords under a rug, furniture or any flammable equipment to avoid any mishap related to electric sparks which might start a fire
- Portable heaters and air conditioners require a lot of energy to operate so it’s better to plug them directly into an outlet rather than an extension lead.
- Make sure all your lightbulbs are the right wattage as lightbulbs that are “too hot” could spark a fire