The kitchen renovation you've been planning for months is finally about to start. While this is an exciting time, it also means that your kitchen will be out of commission for a while. But don't worry, with some careful planning, you can minimize the inconvenience and keep your household running smoothly. Here are some tips to help you get through the construction process and start surviving a kitchen re-design:
- Plan ahead and stock up on non-perishable food items so you don't have to go grocery shopping during the renovation.
- Eating out can be fun, but it can also get expensive and boring. Plus, even if you bring home takeout every night, you'll still need a place to make breakfast, pack lunches, and brew coffee. That's why it's a good idea to set up a temporary kitchen during your renovation. If possible, find a space in your garage, utility room, or dining room where you can set up some tables, shelves, storage containers, and chairs. This will give you a place to cook, eat, and store your food while your main kitchen is out of commission
- Make mealtime easier during your renovation, consider using portable appliances like slow cookers, microwaves, hot plates, griddles, and coffee makers. These versatile appliances can help you prepare a variety of meals without a full kitchen. If you can, move your fridge to your temporary kitchen. If not, you can buy a mini fridge or borrow one from a friend to keep your food fresh..
- Without your usual sink and dishwasher, you may have to get creative with how you wash dishes during the renovation. To make things easier, stock up on disposable plates, cups, napkins, and utensils. This will help you avoid the hassle of washing dishes by hand, and it will also reduce the amount of waste your household produces. Plus, it will make clean-up a breeze, which can help alleviate some of the stress of living in a construction zone.
- If the weather is nice, your barbecue can be a lifesaver during your renovation. Did you know that your grill can do almost anything your oven can? You can roast meat and vegetables, bake pizza, and even make foil-packet meals. And of course, you can use it to make toasted marshmallows. So, don't be afraid to put your barbecue to work and enjoy some delicious outdoor cooking during the construction process.
- It's important to remember that the inconvenience of a kitchen renovation is only temporary. In the grand scheme of things, this is just a short period of discomfort that will lead to years of enjoyment in your new kitchen. So, try to keep things in perspective and approach the renovation as an adventure. And when you're finally using your beautiful new kitchen, the temporary hassles will be a distant memory.
Communicate with your contractor to stay up-to-date on the progress of the renovation and to address any concerns or issues that arise. If you would like to talk more about planning your big house renovation of kitchen install then call our team on 0800 014 8643